Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Walk In The Vicksburg National Military Park

Yesterday afternoon my Mom's daughter, Kathy and Sadie and I met up in the park.  It was my very first walk in the park.  Mom said it is the National Military Park and lots of dogs come out here to walk, run and play.  I just found me a new place to go and have fun.

Sadie is 3 months old and she is ready to go.

But first I got to pee here.

Off we go and I see something big that I have never seen before and Mom said it was a cannon that was used in the Civil War here over 150 years ago. 

Of course, I had to have my picture taken on top of this thing call a cannon!

Of course, Sadie had to sit on top of it as well.  

Mom turned back and took this pretty picture of the arch which she told me is the entrance to the park but we were going in the opposite direction.  The clouds were very pretty with the sun shinning on them.
As we were going up a hill Mom took his picture through the trees of the sun setting.

A black and white picture of the sun setting near the Jewish Cemetery Mom said.

Boy, I really like this place and had to stop and smell EVERYTHING!

Me being 8 years old, I need to catch up with Sadie, being 3 months old!

Looks like a tree fell down the other night when we had some bad weather come though and I acted crazy.  Mom said she was going to get me a thunder shirt and it will help calm me down.  I do not like storms! 

Going pass a round circle with plaques and a statue.  

Mom said it was Lt. General John C. Pemberton, who fought here in the Siege of Vicksburg.

Side view of Lt. General John C. Pemberton.

Front view.

Up close picture of his face.

Pemberton

Mom's daughter, Kathy, holding onto me while Mom takes pictures of Pemberton.

Little Sadie was eager to get to the car as we were headed out of the park.

Kathy gave both Sadie and I some water.  What a nice time we had and overheard Mom and Kathy say that we may come back this coming Friday if it is not raining.  I'm looking forward to coming again.  This was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment