Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My New Adopted Parents

It all started when a lady came to clean the house that I was staying at until they found me a new home.  My master is in a nursing home at Olive Branch in Tallulah, Louisiana and she does not know me anymore.  She had me as a puppy when she found out that she had breast cancer and her daughter gave her me.  I was with her for almost 7-1/2 years but they had to find me a new home because my masters daughter, Linda, already had two dogs to take care of with her husband, Bill.

When this lady named, Kathy, came over to clean, I did not know at the time that her mother may want me.  For about three weeks of her thinking about me she decided to come and pick me up on January 18, 2013.

I have two new masters now - a Mom called, Marian and a Dad called, Bob.

I was afraid at first but I slowly started to settle in and called it my "new" home.  It was a little different.  At the home I came from I could run around in the fenced in backyard and do my business but at this home I have to be taken out on a leash where there is a lot of traffic and noises to bark at.

I was only there about three days when my master, Marian, had to take me to the vet because I had a kidney infection.  I have to take two pills a day now for about two weeks and I'm feeling much better now.  She found out that my birthday is April 13, 2005 and hopefully, if I'm a good girl, will get a birthday present.

She found out when she came to picked me up that I also have a cataract in my left eye but I can see pretty good for now.  

I have had some accidents in my new home already and got punished for that.  I'm trying to do better as I get used to everything and we get to know one another.  I do get treats when I'm a good girl and do my business outside.

At night I'm placed in a room with a washer and dryer with a back door.  I think they call it the utility room.  It's nice when the back door is open and I can go out on the back porch and look around and smell everything.  I cannot go down the steps because it is all open, steep and very scary.  So I just stay at the top of the stairs.

Marian lays paper down for me to pee and poop on which is different from what I was used to if I can't make it outside.  I'm used to doggie pads but that's OK.  This will do for now.

Today I got in big trouble when Marian opened the door to take Bob out in his wheelchair to go this his daily program and I jumped down off the couch and ran outside and down the ramp to the sidewalk.  I knew I was in trouble when Marian came running after me and of course did not have my leash on.  I will not do that again because it really scared me to see her scared that I might get hurt and run out into the street.  I will try to do better from now on.  



No comments:

Post a Comment